Monday, August 19, 2013

Thrift Blog: July 2013 Part 1

Well, last month was not meant to be such a fruitful month but you never know how it's going to go with thrift shopping.  We had our trip up north stopping at various thrift stores as well as the rest of the month.  I broke July's thrift blog into two separate posts as I had enough to do one entirely on the clothes I found and the second for non-clothing items. Let's get to it shall we.  Also props to my friend Rosalynn for letting me borrow her dress form for these pictures.

The first dress is a full on house dress.  I loved the threaded detailing on the front and thought it would be wearable simply by adding a belt.


Next up is a yellow linen jumpsuit.  I plan on saving this for the honeymoon to Hawaii next year.  It will make for a great swimsuit cover up. 


I had the extremely amazing fortune of coming across a Pin Up Girl Clothing Couture black velvet dress.  Brand new with the tags intact! I could not believe my luck.  The lady at the store said that sometimes they get companies that will donate stock rather than let it sit if it isn't selling.  I can't wait to wear this beautiful dress!




Here's yet another house dress.  I love the daisy detailing and bright red color.  I'm thinking this may also be another nice honeymoon outfit.


I found this Hilo Hattie at a shop in my hometown.  It was a good score, considering how much Hilo Hattie shirts normally go for in the stores.  I wore it to a recent Secret Samurai (fantastic surf rock) show in town.  I simply didn't button the bottom three and tied it for that pinup tiki look.  Sorry I don't have a picture of me wearing it to share.


I found this cute two piece nightie set.  I wasn't sure if it was vintage as there were no apparent tags intact but then I found a matching set (but blue) at Playclothes in Burbank, CA recently.



I found this beauty at a thrift store in Redding, CA.  I love the blue color, and the parrots, and the rainbows, and Diamond Head in the distance!  I think I may plan on wearing this to Tiki Day this year!  



Speaking of Tiki Day we are now just weeks away.  Less than five weeks to be exact!!  I hope to see some of you there this year.


I come across a lot of these Mexican styled tops.  I think they used to be used in restaurants a lot.  I usually find white tops but never blue.


I found this cute 70's lavender koi fish dress in Stockton, CA.  It will require a full body slip as it's pretty see through but I fell in love with the print and could look past that.


This is a 90's lurex dress and I plan on having it altered and turning it into something completely different.  I just loved the copper hue.


I found this 70's lurex top in Stockton, CA as well.  I thought this would be too cute coupled with a pair of high waist-ed black pants and some killer heels.


I found this vintage cowgirl top in Etna, CA.  It is in perfect condition.  It's a small so sadly it will not fit.  I do however plan on adding it to my store.


There was no way I could pass on this beauty of an apron.  I have such a weakness for the chiffon ones.


July thrift blog part two to come soon as well as my weekends highlights at Tiki Oasis!

Till' Next Time,

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment