Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mooneyes Car Show 2012

Last month Dave  and I attended the Annual Mooneyes Car Show held in Irwindale, CA.  It's a mixture of custom rods, original classics, hot rods, rat rods, muscle cars, you name it!  Here are a few photos I snapped from the day.  These were actually was my first time out snapping pictures away using my brand new camera!

It was a beautiful day!  I'm glad it turned out that way as were parked a 30 minute walk away from the venue.



I've learned that I am drawn towards blue and green cars.  Doesn't matter the make, model, year! 



Dave said this one was picture worthy in his eyes.  He sure does love those Packards.



Candy Clark (aka Debbie from the 1973 classic film "American Graffiti") was there at a booth signing autographs and posing for pictures.  This movie was a staple growing up in my house.  I grew up in a town near Modesto, CA (where the film takes place), cruised down McHenry Blvd., like the characters do in the movie, and ate the A&W drive in restaurant (Mel's diner was used in the movie for copyright reasons and because the movie wasn't even shot in Modesto but rather Petaluma, CA). I can safely say I probably watch this movie at least once a year.








 
The was also drag racing at the event.  Pretty exciting to watch.

 
Dave and Paul next to a classic ambulance.  Very befitting as they both work in the medical field.


 
I love, love, love these fins and tale lights!


Pretty cool pinstriped artwork.


We ended the day walking out with this spectacular sunset in view.


Till' Next Time,
 
Suz

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So many beautiful cars! I'm in love with that pinstripe job on that second to last photo!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete