Thursday, December 12, 2013

One Lucky Gal

I have been doing my best to keep up with the blog but truthfully it has been hard the past couple of months.  Dave and I have had such a busy year and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.  If anything it's a sign that we are truly blessed to have so many fantastic friends and family!  I celebrated my birthday last week with friends and couldn't have felt more special.  Seriously, what did I do to deserve such awesome friends!

We went to dinner at Anthony's Fish Grotto in La Mesa.  Dave and I have had this restaurant on our wish list for quite a while and we finally got there for my birthday dinner.


It's a truly fantastic relic.  Check out that entrance alone!


The restaurant staff was very friendly and very accommodating.  We had a nice little nook all to ourselves.




My friends know me so well.  I was showered with such great gifts!  Their presence alone was truthfully the best gift.



Here are a few pictures I took of the restaurant as we were leaving.  There are various underwater mosaics throughout the restaurant such as these two below.



What a fantastic bar!  Dave and I plan on going back just for drinks sometime as they had a good drink menu filled with many specialized drink concoctions.



I wore my newly purchased tropical Hell Bunny circle skirt which I purchased online through Unique Vintage as part of their black Friday sales.  It's a new favorite for sure.


Look at those octopus lamps!!





A few days later Dave and I went to Disneyland as an extension of my birthday weekend.  We met up with some friends and wandered through the park taking in their festive holiday decorations.  This is hands down my favorite time to visit the park.

We also made sure to check out a performance by Billy Hill and the Hillbillies as it was recently announced that they will no longer be performing at the park at the end of the year.  It's truly a sad decision on Disney's part as it seems these guys always have a packed house and definitely know how to put on a good show.  They will be missed.


We made a point to ride the Jungle Cruise which has been transformed into the Jingle Cruise for the holiday season.  The added decorations through the line queue were fantastic as well as some changes on the ride.  (I won't give anything away, but it's truly worth the wait if you come to the park as we ended up waiting in line for 30 minutes which is pretty uncommon for this attraction).


Dave and I stopped in Carthy's Circle for a drink and snack.  This place is so gorgeous and opulent.



Dave spotted this great picture of Walt and Lillian on display in the restaurant.


I love the Grand Californian hotel but love it even better when it has a big Christmas tree on display as well as a live pianist playing Christmas tunes for the guests.  


We ended the day by riding the Holiday version of the It's A Small World attraction.  I look forward to these lights every year.


I have several thrift blogs headed your way as I found a ton last month.  Hope you are all having a warm and safe winter!

Till' Next Time,

Suz




1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    That place looks AMAZING! I will have to be sure to check it out some time! I love all of the details!

    How lucky you are to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies before they go! I am SO sorry to see them leave. They are so hilarious! I was really worried about the holiday overlay for the Jungle Cruise, but I've heard only positive things! Which is great!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete