Monday, February 10, 2014

Big Purchase: 1962 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

A few weeks ago while attending the Grand Nationals Roadster Show, it was decided that Dave and I were ready to purchase our first "purchased together" classic car.  Dave found an ad online that was too good to be true.  We purchased a beautiful 1962 Cadillac Sedan DeVille for a very good price.


There is definitely some repair needed but mainly minor, and luckily nothing major.  We got together with Dave's car club, The Orphans, on Saturday to take a look at the breaks and assess any other problems we will need to fix immediately.



At some point we do plan on redoing the interior with a white and black vinyl theme throughout.  It's current original condition isn't that bad considering this car is 52 years old!!




I can't take enough pictures of these fins!  So sexy!


My plan is to be a part of all the planning of the car and learn some handy dandy car repair lessons as well.  It's really not as complicated as it may seem.  


We also plan to repaint the car an emerald green which is our wedding color.  We are going with the Glen Miller theme of having something old, new, borrowed, and blue on the car.  Glen Miller used to incorporate those four factors into all of his shows for his wife to pick out while listening. So romantic!






The white walls cleaned up nicely and are in very good condition.


I took the car out for my very first ride and I must say, I felt like I was driving a boat down the street but it did drive smoothly and this car has some awesome power with a V8 engine.  I will need a few more rides under my belt before I feel comfortable cruising around town.  I do however plan on driving my bridesmaids and myself, of course, to the wedding in this car!   Can't wait!


Till' Next Time,

Suz


6 comments:

  1. I love this car! Especially the color! And Cadillacs are dreams! It's amazing that while they are big, they still ride beautifully!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do plan to change the color but I think you will like the final outcome as well :)

      Delete
  2. How very cool! I have always wanted what I call a "Mobster's wife" car. Black 1960s sedan. Too bad it snows out here and a beautiful car like this would just sit in the garage for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I feel like I should start speaking with the same accent Karen Hill had in Goodfellas whenever I drive this car ;)

      Delete
  3. What a beaut!!! I can't wait to see you guys out in the town in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Just a few more adjustments and this baby will be ready for the road.

      Delete