Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Medford Oregon Car Cruise 2015

A few weeks ago was the Annual Medford Cruise week!  The huge car event attracts car owners and enthusiasts all over the state and northern California. The event lasts through the course of a week and has various meet ups, drag races, live music, vendors, a karaoke competition, drive in movie (this year was a showing of American Graffiti), and lastly the event closes with a grand cruise through the downtown area.



We unfortunately were not able to attend the events that took place during the week other than Friday and Saturday.  Luckily the park where the car meet ups took place just happened to be a ten minute walk away from our house.


We spotted this Cadillac on our walk back to the house.  It was gorgeous!  We wish we had had a chance to speak with the owner.  




Dave's sister Debbie was in town to visit with us so it worked out perfectly that we could take her to the car show.  




We spotted another beautiful Cadillac.


I had to have a picture in front of this beauty!


Love that chrome and fins!





Dave and I have gone back and forth on what color we want to paint our Cadillac.  We had talked about using our wedding color (emerald green) or restoring it to its original pink/salmon color much like the car in the photo below.






Loved the color of this station wagon!


Dave in action!






 We ended the evening with a small drive to a nearby town, Jacksonville, and had dinner at our favorite German restaurant Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus.  The next day we woke up bright and early and went for a mini road trip with Debbie.  We drove through Ashland and then took Highway 60 on towards Klamath Falls.  Below are Dave and I posing in front of the Klamath Lake.



Dave reflecting!


Debbie and I.


We stopped in at a local Goodwill (where I found a couple goodies) and then headed back on our way.  We took the Highway 140 back and stopped in at Fish Lake and Lake of the Woods. 


We ended the day at home and ate dinner on the porch taking in yet another beautiful sunset. It was truly a beautiful fun weekend.


Till' Next Time,

Suz

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - I need to come up and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has definitely been a change of pace (moving from San Diego to Oregon) but we are loving it. Still so much more to be explored.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous photos! I love car shows as well. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy you are too sweet. This was honestly my easy outfit! ;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hi
    I found your blog on Instagram . You had liked a picture I had posted with me on my 53 chevy belair. Love your blog. Your a girl after my own heart :)
    Girlygirl_1992

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your car is a beauty!! Thanks for the lovely compliment. Are you local (as in southern Oregon)? We should meet up! I'm definitely always looking to me like minded gals. Email me at suzpestana@gmail.com :)

      Delete