Monday, March 11, 2013

Dapper Day Spring 2013

Last month Dave and I attended the 3rd Annual Dapper Day Spring event at Disneyland.  Last year this time was our first year participating in the event and we knew that it would become a tradition in the years following.  For those of you that are unaware of the event, it's a day to attend the park dressed up.  It's a throwback to the original artist sketches of the park showing guests donned in dapper duds.  Please be sure to check out their website Here. 

As much as I love to wear vintage, I have made a point for all three events I have attended not to.  The reason being I'm too scared that I'll ruin my dresses in a days worth of walking, sitting, ridding, throughout the park.  I still however always accessorize with vintage items.  I wore my Mad Men Banana Republic blue floral dress I purchased a year ago in Las Vegas (on clearance of course).  I topped if off with my vintage black swing coat, vintage black purse and hat all thrifted.  Dave wore all vintage (he lives on the edge) going for the 1940's look.  He was told twice that day that he looked like Walt Disney minus the mustache of course.


Dave taking me for a spin down Main Street.

 
We got there right when the park opened.  It's a great way to avoid big Sunday crowds.  We were able to literally walk onto our favorite rides before the park got too crowded.





Annie get your gun!

 
This photo cracks me up every time. 



Halfway through the day we met up with my friends Rebecca, Lisa and Natalie with their fellas.  They all looked so great!!



Getting our Tiki fix at the Enchanted Tiki Room.



 
One of the last things we did that day was have a mint julep.  As my friend Natalie said "It's not Dapper Day until you have had your mint julep in style".

 
Till' Next Time,
 
Suz

1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks like so much fun! You both look great!
    My husband used to work at Disneyland a long time ago. He loved it. We used to go to Disneyland at least once a month when I was working. I haven't been there in a couple of years. The Enchanted Tiki Room is one of my favorite attractions.

    ReplyDelete