Monday, August 13, 2012

Balboa Park Koi Pond

The divide and disgust for how I feel about my generation sometimes, just continues to grow; especially after reading this article about what happened to the koi pond located in my neighboring and historic Balboa Park. 

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19258647/police-searching-for-organizers-of-midnight-water-gun-fight-at-balboa-park

It seems a late night water gun fight was organized, via facebook, which drew in close to 2'000 attendees.  I know not everyone that participated was at fault for the vandalism and destruction which was caused to the koi pond and it's inhabitants; but the lack of respect for a historic site was universally guilty by all.  Truly a shame.  Here is a crummy cell phone picture I took of the pond during a recent stroll through the park.  I plan on seeing the damage in person tonight and finding out if there is anything I can do to help restore it to its former self.

No comments:

Post a Comment